Friday, April 27, 2007

My fan's fan



I am ashamed to admit this, but one time when my girlfriend fell asleep I crept into her room and took a picture of her fan. I was really impressed with its clean design and checked out the price at Lotus, only 750 baht. It comes in a little box and you can pretty much put it up by yourself. It's a Thai product, a good one.

Overhead fans are great, even when you have aircon.

Anyway, who wouldn't want an overhead fan? Romance, Humphrey Bogart, plot your own revolution. And they work, too, the one above provides a nice efficient and smooth flow of air.

Brother Jack decided he had to have a fan under his mosquito net, and he loved to talk about this Honeywell model, which I admit seems to work pretty well, though it's airstream is choppy, narrow, and turbulent. Dah says it doesn't keep her cool. Maybe because jack points it at himself.

Dah sleeps on a wood bed when it gets hot (more on that tommorrow) and she put up this large overhead model which she says cost 3000 baht. I'll admit it looks pretty nice in her and Jack's place, but it is also very quiet and seems to provide the largest and least turbulent flow of the three models. I know that "turbulence" isn't on the list of things people usually consider in buying overhead fans, but I've come to the conclusion that it is important.

No comments: